Monday, August 14, 2006

Prepration FenGxology Studies

Hey, back once again. Its been fine these few days, nothing much happened. Was initially intending to go and watch the FireWorks @ Esplanade, but did not go because I have predicted that the crowd and amount of people going would go loose on that day. (+ many other factors of cos)

Oh well, what I wanna share actually is about the two Church services I went on, Saturday and Sunday. Guess you peeps would not want to miss it. Who would have thought of me going for two services, (thought you go church like once a week only nia meh? Why go two? Why extra?, you might ask) But frankly speaking, church going is not an obligation to me, its a choice to me. I choose to go church and learn about the things being thought there is because I know I can apply the things in life that have been thought to me in church. Whats more, the church is known to be the nearest place to God, its like the gate between Earth and Heaven (its a spiritual 'paradise' where man would never know unless God reveals Himself to him/her about it) Who would not want to be as near as to the living God that created the heavens and the Earth?

Yes, the question, what did I attended two services. Answer is easy, its because the church is conducting this church-wide marrige seminar for all members. Any persons of any age could attend even if you are not married or attached. Or even if you are in your primary school, single, homo-sexual(no offense), old. Any age, anyone.( As long as you can listen and understand, NPs) I guess its the first time in 17 years that pastor was gonna conduct this seminar. -=Interesting point, whats my reason for attending SUCH seminar?=- Well, its actually good to have a depth of understanding what marriage is actually about even before you enter into attachment or engagement, or even marriage right? To know what marriage is, its purpose and reason? Its maintenance? These were all shared in that seminar.

It has been like 4 sessions out of about 14 already. Out of the 4 I went for 3 I supposed. Last week was based on: The role and responsibility of women in the marriage (Sat) and role and responsibility of men in the marriage (Sun). I was fascinated by what pastor shared and it was good knowledge and revelation to me. There were so many things shared based on roles and responsilities that I dont think I can finish typing or sharing. I guess its amazing to have a wonderful church I can go to, to be entranced by the things shared and to experience the presence of God so real to me.

Point over here, I am not trying to promote my church or to boost on how good my church or anything is. I am simply sharing my experience in church and I would love to share this with my friends whom may not know, that I am a Christian (Hope I am living like one in your eyes, =D)

Just to inform: There are 8 more sessions on Making Marriage Work available and I think I know that some are extremely interesting topics like sex. (Stop fantasizing, zzz) Think you can find out more about it @ http://www.chc.org.sg/english/main.cfm =D The dates are different, you can come down if you want to know more about marriage. Dont think its too early, because one day you are gonna get married. =D lolx!!! (Stupid teenager over here trying to promote marriage, noob =D)

By the way, if you dont how what is my church, I am going to tell you now,
ITS CITY HARVEST CHURCH, (I know some of you have misconceptions about CHC, well just want to let you know, we are human beings too, and humans makes mistakes, only the Holy God is heaven is sinless and perfect. As a church, we are also not perfect, some of us may have hurt or disappoint you, (I know for even myself may disappoint and hurt you)

I would like to apologize on behalf of that person and apologize myself to you who may have hurt or irritated you due to our conduct. Hope you would not hold a grudge against us, =D Give us a chance to invite you once again and see how it goes wont you?

Actually, going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car. Why not give it a shot?

-=A church is never perfect, if its pefect, it would never need people like you and I and there would be nothing and no one who could attend that church because no human is perfect, would you agree?=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home